Auxilary setting to toggle amp?

General technical discussion topics for Insane Audio's TJ1001 or TJ1002
flippy

Auxilary setting to toggle amp?

Post by flippy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Hello,
I'm getting ready to install a pair of woofers and a amp in the back, and I was wondering if there will be a setting under the "Aux" button (to the right of the Home screen) which will allow me to turn the auxiliary outputs off? I have tried to click on the "Aux" button, but all I got was a blue screen. I assumed that the leads will have to be connected for it to bring anything up.

The reason for this, is because i listen to a lot of talk radio, and would like to turn the amp off in this mode. I obviously only need the amp or the auxiliaries activated when I'm listening to music, and would like to toggle them off and on. Can it be done from the radio, or will I have to install a toggle in the dash?

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Auxilary setting to toggle amp?

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:33 am

flippy wrote:Hello,
I'm getting ready to install a pair of woofers and a amp in the back, and I was wondering if there will be a setting under the "Aux" button (to the right of the Home screen) which will allow me to turn the auxiliary outputs off? I have tried to click on the "Aux" button, but all I got was a blue screen. I assumed that the leads will have to be connected for it to bring anything up.

The reason for this, is because i listen to a lot of talk radio, and would like to turn the amp off in this mode. I obviously only need the amp or the auxiliaries activated when I'm listening to music, and would like to toggle them off and on. Can it be done from the radio, or will I have to install a toggle in the dash?
Hey, there. This is an interesting question. Normally folks use the system in one of two ways. Either 1). They use the TJ1001's built-in amp to power their OEM or upgraded speakers or 2). They use the preamp outputs to power aftermarket amps (typically one for the mains and another for the subs).

Sounds like you are using both? Do you mean to say that you want to use the TJ1001's amp to power your mains but you have a subwoofer amp and sub that you want to turn on and off?

Assuming we understand that correctly, the easiest way to do this would be to just turn down the bass in the EQ. Or you could add a switch to to toggle power for your Sub amp.

Hope that helps!

flippy

Post by flippy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Do you mean to say that you want to use the TJ1001's amp to power your mains but you have a subwoofer amp and sub that you want to turn on and off?
Thats right. I'm happy with the radios internal amp for the OEM speakers (definite improvement over stock, btw), but I want to be able to toggle the new woofers and amp kit.
Are you telling me that it cant be toggled at the radio within the "AUX" button on the screen?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:31 pm

flippy wrote:
Do you mean to say that you want to use the TJ1001's amp to power your mains but you have a subwoofer amp and sub that you want to turn on and off?
Thats right. I'm happy with the radios internal amp for the OEM speakers (definite improvement over stock, btw), but I want to be able to toggle the new woofers and amp kit.
Are you telling me that it cant be toggled at the radio within the "AUX" button on the screen?
No -- the aux button is there for you to connect an aux input (either video, audio or both). For your sub amp, you'll want to use the sub pre-amp output. We recommend you simply add a toggle switch to control the power to your sub amp.

flippy

Post by flippy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:50 am

Ok, thanks. Looks like Ill be ordering a factory toggle switch to serve the purpose.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:43 pm

flippy wrote:Ok, thanks. Looks like Ill be ordering a factory toggle switch to serve the purpose.
Check out these guys -- http://www.gcdoffroad.com/cart/

No affiliation to us, but we've put their OEM style rocker switch in one of our test rigs and it looks perfect..

flippy

Post by flippy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks for the thought, but I'm a leery of any aftermarket parts that are supposed to mimic OEM. Not a fan of parts from china.
Thanks.