Minimum Turn On Volume

General tech discussion board for Insane Audio's JK1001, FJ1001 and other Android based head units (coming soon)!
dwasill

Minimum Turn On Volume

Post by dwasill » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:12 am

I'm curious if there's any way to adjust the minimum turn on volume outside of the standard Volume fader? At a volume setting of '1' when playing SD music content the stereo volume is a bit too loud for easy conversation. I've tried lowering all the EQ faders to compensate but that doesn't seem to have an effect on overall volume... I've also tried a couple of apps to no avail.

Is there a registry hack or any way of getting into settings in Kit Kat that could be adjusted?

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Minimum Turn On Volume

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:29 pm

dwasill wrote:I'm curious if there's any way to adjust the minimum turn on volume outside of the standard Volume fader? At a volume setting of '1' when playing SD music content the stereo volume is a bit too loud for easy conversation. I've tried lowering all the EQ faders to compensate but that doesn't seem to have an effect on overall volume... I've also tried a couple of apps to no avail.

Is there a registry hack or any way of getting into settings in Kit Kat that could be adjusted?
You can try adjusting the gain in factory options... settings -> factory options (password is 126) then click on the tab on the upper right and play around with the individual source gains.

WARNING: this menu is password protected for a reason. Be careful what you are doing or you might mess up some important settings!!

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:24 am

InsaneAudioSupport wrote:
dwasill wrote:I'm curious if there's any way to adjust the minimum turn on volume outside of the standard Volume fader? At a volume setting of '1' when playing SD music content the stereo volume is a bit too loud for easy conversation. I've tried lowering all the EQ faders to compensate but that doesn't seem to have an effect on overall volume... I've also tried a couple of apps to no avail.

You can try adjusting the gain in factory options... settings -> factory options (password is 126) then click on the tab on the upper right and play around with the individual source gains.

WARNING: this menu is password protected for a reason. Be careful what you are doing or you might mess up some important settings!!
If you discover the right controls and settings, please share your notes. For me, volume setting #1 should really be #2. It is just on the edge of being too loud when sitting at a light.

Mike - El Paso.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.

Bigwalton

Post by Bigwalton » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:03 am

I just searched for this and found this thread. Wanted to update that if you use the factory password here and go to the “Other” tab there is now a minimum turn on volume setting specifically. No gains or anything to mess with, just pick your level. Changed that, the system rebooted and all is set now.

Insane Audio peeps: this NEEDS to be moved to a normal user setting. No way in the world it should be buried in the password controlled panel.

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:59 am

Hey Bigwalton,

This is intentionally under a password in the factory settings because this is one of those things that are normally set just once.

We didn’t want to leave this in normal settings because it would be all to easy for that practical joker kid to bump it up to max on ‘ya. 😊