wireless android auto

Discussion around Insane Audio's super awesome new JL3001 for your JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator!
detboydave

wireless android auto

Post by detboydave » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:43 am

How do I get wireless android to work? I am paired over bluetooth. It comes on when I connect via cable but the moment I unplug my phone it goes away. I have a Samsung note 10+ running the new android 11 which has support for wireless auto.

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: wireless android auto

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:04 am

detboydave wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:43 am
How do I get wireless android to work? I am paired over bluetooth. It comes on when I connect via cable but the moment I unplug my phone it goes away. I have a Samsung note 10+ running the new android 11 which has support for wireless auto.
Hey there!

Thank you for contacting us through our forum. However, it's important to note that all Insane Audio customers get lifetime technical support and we stand behind everything we build 100%. The forum is a great place for collaboration with other users, but for issues such as this, it may be more effective to reach out to us directly via www.insaneaudio.com/support. Our staff works 7 days a week and is always happy to help!

Your JL3001 supports over 3.8 million apps. You can simply turn on your phones hotspot and you download apps directly to your vehicle. You can have different apps in your vehicle than on your phone and you can use them in different ways. By downloading apps directly to your JL3001 you can do everything from streaming video with YouTube to satellite imagery with Google Earth to much, much more. None of this is possible with just Android Auto by itself. Think of it this way – Android Auto is designed to run a very small number of “Android Auto approved” apps that are physical running on your phone. Insane Audio’s JL3001, however, has the ability to run its own apps. Any app. You simply download them then they are a part of your Jeep. You can do everything from run Bluetooth garage door openers, to wirelessly view and control a GoPro, etc.

Regarding Wireless Android Auto, we have no plans to integrate that feature with our products. The Insane Audio head unit is already a very powerful device running Android natively offering far more features and flexibility than Wireless Android Auto. In many ways, Wireless Android Auto would only serve to handcuff the unit in some of the same ways that Apple CarPlay (wired or wireless) does.

To be clear, we do support Wired Android Auto (through ZLINK on the JL3001) but have no plans to support Wireless Android Auto.

We hope that helps! :)