Radio stopped working

Technical support for Insane Audio's JK1001 or JK2001
MrBill

Radio stopped working

Post by MrBill » Sat May 16, 2020 11:25 am

One of my JK2001 head units, the one in my wife's JK, the radio app stopped working. The app turns on but there is no sound, I can select my preset stations and nothing, if I push the auto turn or find next station button it does nothing. I pulled the unit out and checked the antenna connection and it's solid. I disconnected the negative battery cable and the radio went through it's startup and still the radio app doesn't work. I have noticed this head units does quite often go through a start up like my old JK1001 did when the Jeep is started, my other JK2001 does not do that. I haven't done a factory reset yet, wanted to avoid that until the last option. Any thoughts?

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: Radio stopped working

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:10 pm

Hey there, MrBill.

While forum is a great place to collaborate and share ideas with other customers but is not the best place to go for tech support. All Insane Audio customers get lifetime technical support and our staff works 7 days a week. You'll will get a much faster response reaching out to us directly. You can always reach out to us at insaneaudio.com/support

You said the radio app turns on but there is no sound, does this mean that the radio comes on and goes off and now its not coming on? If so, let us try a system reboot first. You'll find the reset button on the upper right corner of the faceplate, directly above the Band button. There is a small hole with a button inside it. Use a toothpick or paperclip to press the button until it clicks, and then release it. This will power down your Head Unit and do a full reboot.

We hope this help!​

That being said, you should reach out to our support team at www.insaneaudio.com/support directly and they can advise further. 😊