Phone Audio via Android Auto App Not Being Heard through Stereo Speakers

Discussion around Insane Audio's super awesome new JL3001 for your JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator!
cwmartin59

Phone Audio via Android Auto App Not Being Heard through Stereo Speakers

Post by cwmartin59 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:28 pm

So I discovered a unique situation. When I have my phone connected to the JL-3001 head unit and Android Auto is engaged, the Android Auto phone app does not play received phone audio through stereo speakers. Audio comes from phone speaker and it is very low and hard to hear. However, when the IA Bluetooth Phone App is used, the phone audio plays through the Stereo Speakers. Why is that?

cwmartin59

Re: Phone Audio via Android Auto App Not Being Heard through Stereo Speakers

Post by cwmartin59 » Fri May 08, 2020 6:17 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED! -- I figured out my issue :D . The USB port built-in to my 2018 JLUR seemed to be causing my problem. I search many of the Jeep forums and read through the information on here. I decided to use one of the JL3001 USB cables (USB - B) in the glovebox. I removed AA app and perform a fresh installation on my phone. To my surprise, the AA app came quicker than before. I did several shut-downs and restarts to verify that it would not hang or become intermittent. I used Google Assist to make a phone call and I could only hear audio from the phone speaker. I performed another review of related issues on Android Auto site. I found a post where it discussed that the Bluetooth is used for Hands Free Protocols. I checked my phone and discovered that I had left the BT function off -- Duh! Turned it on and that problem was solved, phone audio now plays through stereo speakers. My last issue was to have Google Assist change channels for SXM App. I discovered that I need to go into Google Assist and link the SXM App to Google Assist. Once I did that, I can now use my voice to change the channels on the SXM app. I have had this unit for two months and I do enjoy using it! I strongly would recommend it's use to any Jeep JL owner!!