Bluetooth doesn't connect sometimes

Technical support for Insane Audio's JK1001 or JK2001
Sammage

Bluetooth doesn't connect sometimes

Post by Sammage » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi there,

This problem has been increasing in frequency and is becoming more than a nuisance so I thought I'd check on it. Sometimes the Bluetooth connection to my phone just doesn't work.
  • I've tried turning off the head unit and turning it back on again as any good tech geek will and that doesn't help.
  • I've tried forcing a connection, but the HU just refuses to see the phone.
  • I've turned the phone off and on again to try and reestablish the connection and that doesn't work.
  • The only thing that works is turning the whole Jeep off and back on.
Any idea what the problem might be?

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: Bluetooth doesn't connect sometimes

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:59 pm

Hey Sammage,

Thank you for posting on our forum, however, its important to note that all Insane Audio customers get lifetime technical support and we stand behind everything we build 100%. The forum is a great place for collaboration with other users, but for issues such as this, it may be more effective to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via www.insaneaudio.com/support Our staff works 7 days a week and is always happy to help.

That being said, here are a few general troubleshooting steps –
The first thing you’ll want to do is confirm that WiFi is turned on: Apps > Settings > WiFi > ON. It doesn’t have to be connected to a network, just on. Bluetooth and WiFi actually share the same antenna, and if WiFi is turned off, you will get noticeably reduced Bluetooth reception.

Next, let's check the WiFi antenna. Please make sure that the WiFi antenna is securely connected to the correct port. Your unit has GPS and WiFi antenna ports that look similar. When you look at the back of your Head Unit, the port on the right hand side is the GPS port and this will be closest to the USB ports. On the left is your WiFi antenna port and this is closest to the AM/FM radio adapter socket. If these connections are switched (swapped), you will experience poor Bluetooth, WiFi, and GPS. Please refer to page 15 of the Installation Guide here: https://insaneaudio.com/wp-content/uplo ... urrent.pdf

Note that your unit may look a little different then the picture since our manufacturing process varies a bit from time to time, but the orientation is ALWAYS the same. GPS on the right, WiFi on the left.

If you're trying to pair your phone with the Head Unit, then please note that you should be connecting from your phone to your Insane Audio Head Unit (and not the other way around). Once you pair your phone over Bluetooth, it should automatically connect every time, and you shouldn’t have to do it on subsequent uses. You may want to delete all pairings both on your phone and your Insane Audio head unit just this once to ensure a fresh connection but this is not something you should be doing on the reg.

Additionally, on some phones, Bluetooth connections tend to time out, so you want to turn off Bluetooth when not in use (i.e. when you leave your Jeep). That not only ensures that the connection is fresh every time, but it also helps your phone battery last a lot longer. Most folks just turn On the Bluetooth on their phones when they hop into their Jeep. Remember, if you have trouble connecting, then try turning off the Bluetooth on your phone and then turn it back on again. You should not need to do anything on your Insane Audio Head Unit.

We hope this helps! If for some reason you continue to have issues after trying the troubleshooting steps above, please open a ticket at www.insaneaudio.com/support and our team will be happy to work with you directly.