Need new wifi antenna

Technical support for Insane Audio's JK1001 or JK2001
THespos

Need new wifi antenna

Post by THespos » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:44 am

I broke my WiFi antenna and need a replacement. How do I get one?

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: Need new wifi antenna

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi THespos,

Please reach out to our support team by submitting the web form here: https://insaneaudio.com/support/ and they'll take care of you!

Cheers.

THespos

Post by THespos » Fri May 29, 2020 6:16 am

Sorry it's taken me so long to give feedback on this.

Thank you for shipping me a new WiFi antenna so quickly. It is in and the reception is much, much better. However, there is still an issue with my tethering connection dropping.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I regularly tether my kids' iPads to my phone when traveling and they use the connection without issue. However, my JK2001 drops the connection after just a few minutes. Usually this coincides with my iPhone's screen shutting down, but not always.

Usually, logging back into the phone, turning off the hotspot and turning back on again will get the connection going again, but it lasts for only 2-5 minutes or so before the JK2001 loses the connection again.

I've tried all the obvious things including updating both the phone and the unit. I've re-set carrier settings on the phone. Everything else seems to be able to use the hotspot without issue, but the JK2001 can't seem to stay connected.

Any other remedies I should try?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:27 am

Unfortunatley, we suspect this may be a bug on your iPhone. The internet is screaming about this (its quite well known and documented) and we HAVE been able to duplicate this here at our shop. More information here - https://insaneaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4438