Screen Goes Blank + Unit Switches to Disc on its Own

General technical discussion topics for Insane Audio's TJ1001 or TJ1002
agar426

Screen Goes Blank + Unit Switches to Disc on its Own

Post by agar426 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Two issues:

1) Sometimes the unit's screen goes blank, It sometimes will come back if I switch the source, but not always. When it doesn't come back by switching sources, turning the Jeep off won't work, I have to power down the unit.

2) When I am listening to the radio, simple FM radio.....out of the blue the unit switches to the disc. It is sometimes triggered by a bump or pothole, but not always. Additionally, it sometimes won't let me switch back to radio. I will have to turn the vehicle off, and then back on, although this isn't very common. However, the unit switching from radio to disc happens at least once on my ride to or from work, which is only 4 miles. If there isn't a disc in the unit, I haven't had it happen.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Screen Goes Blank + Unit Switches to Disc on its Own

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:32 pm

agar426 wrote:Two issues:

1) Sometimes the unit's screen goes blank, It sometimes will come back if I switch the source, but not always. When it doesn't come back by switching sources, turning the Jeep off won't work, I have to power down the unit.
That's odd. Have you tried the reset button? (you'll need to hit it with a paperclip). Check your connections at the rear of the unit and make sure that everything is nice and tight.
agar426 wrote:
2) When I am listening to the radio, simple FM radio.....out of the blue the unit switches to the disc. It is sometimes triggered by a bump or pothole, but not always. Additionally, it sometimes won't let me switch back to radio. I will have to turn the vehicle off, and then back on, although this isn't very common. However, the unit switching from radio to disc happens at least once on my ride to or from work, which is only 4 miles. If there isn't a disc in the unit, I haven't had it happen.
Unfortunately, this is a necessary evil of having a DVD player. Everything on your TJ1001 is solid state and no moving parts.. except the DVD player. We recommend removing the disc when not in use to avoid this but in general, CD's will skip if you're bouncing around offroad and hitting a bump might trigger the sensor and think you just inserted a disc, etc.

Cheers,

InSaNe AuDio Support Staff