Text Message Notifications and Handsfree Dialing

Discussion around Insane Audio's super awesome new JL3001 for your JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator!
Jimonfly

Text Message Notifications and Handsfree Dialing

Post by Jimonfly » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:42 am

I have a JL3001 and live in Florida, where hands-free is required.

1) How can I dial hands-free? Google assistant pulls up the command but never seems to connect to the phone to dial the number.

2) How can I see text messages, or at lease get notification of text messages on the unit? My phone (Samsung Note9) notification is muted automatically when connected to the head unit and so I am never notified unless I happen to see the message indicator on the phone.

Please help.

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Text Message Notifications and Handsfree Dialing

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:30 pm

For text messages, the easiest way to do that is via Apple CarPlay (for iPhone users) or Android Auto (for Android users). You can find instructions to use both in the JL3001 Quick Start Guide - https://insaneaudio.com/manuals/JL3001_QSG_Current.pdf

For more advanced android users, you can do all kinds of cool things with shouter and pushbullet. Here is a writeup - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4256 But please know that these are 3rd party apps that are not directly supported by Insane Audio. They may requite some playing around to get everything to work properly.

If you'd like to voice dial through the Google Assistant, you just need to be on our latest software - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4467

We hope that helps!

Bigred97

Re: Text Message Notifications and Handsfree Dialing

Post by Bigred97 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:02 am

I use Pushbullet for text notifications and on screen texting
Works perfectly, and no need to use Android auto