Directv app

Discussion around Insane Audio's super awesome new JL3001 for your JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator!
Slejeune

Directv app

Post by Slejeune » Sun May 31, 2020 5:59 pm

I downloaded the directv app to my JL3001 and it will not work properly. it does load up but it goes directly to CNN and it will not let me minimize to get to the guide to choose another channel. is anyone else having this issue

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: Directv app

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Please note that there are no restrictions whatsoever on your JL3001. That being said, however, there are over 3.8 Million apps out there on the Google Play store and these are all by 3rd party developers (i.e. we have no control over them). We aren’t sure why this particular app isn’t working for you but you may want to reach out to the developer directly (i.e. DirecTV).

The only other thing we would recommend is to perhaps go to settings -> car -> extra settings. In there, you have a setting to auto-hide the status bar. Sometimes this gives you a bit more screen real estate so when 3rd party apps aren’t coded correctly (i.e. perhaps a button or control is off the screen) then this may help. Please let us know how you go!

For the record – it could be worse. You could be stuck on Fox News. 😊

Slejeune

Post by Slejeune » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:09 pm

ok I do have the auto-hide the status bar on but it still did not fix my issue. so i'm gonna keep chipping at it and I may call directv it may be some issue with tablets which may solve my problem because it seems that the JL3001 is very much like a samsung Tab 2 in some ways. but if you guys happen to come across a fix please post it here for me and I will do the same. that being said I just want to say that so far I am pretty impressed with this system. lol and for the record I wish it was stuck on Fox news.

Slejeune

Post by Slejeune » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Do you think that an older version of the DirecTV app would work with the JL3001 like with the Netflix app

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:33 am

Hey there,

It's possible but we haven't tried. In this case, it is not a restriction (like Netflix) but a bug in their app. So we definitely recommend hitting them up.