GPS wont connect

Discussion around Insane Audio's super awesome new JL3001 for your JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator!
Jessedoesitall

GPS wont connect

Post by Jessedoesitall » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:43 pm

I just recently installed my JL3001. I have been trying to use the insane Nav engine but it cant find any satellites. I even move the GPS antena and placed it on the dash and it still wont connect. help please.

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Re: GPS wont connect

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:44 am

Jessedoesitall wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:43 pm
I just recently installed my JL3001. I have been trying to use the insane Nav engine but it cant find any satellites. I even move the GPS antena and placed it on the dash and it still wont connect. help please.
Hello Jesse,

Congratulations on your Install! 😊
Insane Audio’s JL3001 is by far the most advanced Head Unit ever built and it is just plain awesome in the dash of a Jeep JL or Gladiator.

You'd first want to do double check and make sure the GPS and WiFi antennas are securely plugged into the correct port. This is generally what causes issues with GPS. Your unit has GPS and WiFi antenna ports that look similar. When you look at the back of your head unit, the port on the right-hand side of your head unit is your WiFi antenna port . On the left is your GPS port. If these connections are switched (swapped) you will experience poor Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS.

Please refer to page 10 of the Installation Guide here: https://insaneaudio.com/InsaneAudio_JL3 ... l_v1.0.pdf

You can also refer to our Video Installation Guide: https://insaneaudio.com/JL3001_VInstall ... stall.html

Also, if you notice the sticker on the top of your head unit, there's a diagram which explains how these two antennas should be connected.

You’ll also want to make sure your GPS cable isn’t pinched anywhere inside your dash. You can just leave any excess cable tucked inside your dash but it's important to note that this should not be zip tied or bundled up. Just leave it loose inside your dash. If you have any electronics right above your dash (radar detector, CB, ham radio, etc) then you may want to remotely mount the GPS antenna up in your roll bar.

Also, make sure the antenna is facing upwards and you are in an area with a clear view of the sky. No GPS will work in the basement of a parking garage.

We hope that helps!

All Insane Audio customers get lifetime technical support and the forum is designed more for collaboration with other users and sharing ideas. For specific technical support such as this, you will get a much faster response by reaching out to us directly at insaneaudio.com/support

guillermo

Post by guillermo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:25 am

This is to be expected when buying junk designed and engineered in Shenzhen.

jstrianese

Post by jstrianese » Tue May 11, 2021 3:58 pm

I had the same problem. They ended up sending me a new GPS antenna. Fixed the issue.

JeepsyBeach

Post by JeepsyBeach » Fri May 14, 2021 10:08 am

I have this problem. Won't stay connected and sits "acquiring satellites" forever....

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:48 am

JeepsyBeach wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:08 am
I have this problem. Won't stay connected and sits "acquiring satellites" forever....
Hello There,

While the forum is a great place to collaborate and share ideas with other customers but is not the best place to go for tech support. All Insane Audio customers get lifetime technical support and our staff works 7 days a week. You will get a much faster response reaching out to us directly. You can always reach out to us at insaneaudio.com/support

We suggest you take a look at your Installation Guide and double check the connections of the GPS Antenna and the WiFi Antenna as both these ports look similar on the Head Unit. Make sure the connections firm and in the right port. Also, please check if the GPS cable is pinched or zip tied or bundled up anywhere inside your dash. You can just leave any excess cable tucked inside your dash. Just leave it loose inside your dash. If you have any electronics right above your dash (radar detector, CB, ham radio, etc.) then you may want to remotely mount the GPS antenna up in your roll bar.

We hope this help! If need further assistance please reach out to us at insaneaudio.com/support