This software is already on all of our latest products that have been shipping, so the first thing we need to do is check to see if you even need this for your JL3001.
So, lets first go ahead and check your current build number. Go to Settings->System->About Machine->Build Number. The build number starts with "rk33990userdebug 9 PI" followed by a date code.
- If your date code is 20200325 (March 25, 2020) then you already have this update. You’re good to go!
- If your date code is something earlier then March 25, 2020 then you want this update.
- If your date code is later than March 25, 2020, that means you are reading this in the future and you are on some newer version of our software that likely has all kinds of super awesome features. In fact, your Jeep probably drives itself. You should not apply this update.
To apply this software update -
- First go here https://www.insaneaudio.com/JL3001_UPDATES/v1.2/
- There are two files you’ll need to download for this update. Right click on update.zip and save locally to your computer. Note that it is important to download this locally first to avoid data corruption. Also go ahead and download dmcu.img
- You'll then need a blank microSD card formatted in FAT32. Copy the two files you just downloaded to that microSD card and properly eject it from your computer.
- Next, you'll want to power up your JL3001.
- Properly eject the GPS card by going to Settings->Storage and pressing the eject button on the right hand side by GPS. Then you can safely remove the card from the GPS card slot on the bottom left of your unit.
- After you've removed your Insane NavEngine GPS card from the GPS card slot, insert the microSD card that you just put the necessary files on. Right away, you should see a dialog box asking if you'd like to update your software. Yes, please. We'd like to do that. But before you click on Install make sure you check the box that says wipe data and format flash
- If for some reason the dialog box doesn't automatically pop up, you can also just go to Settings -> System -> System updates
- Note that you can also follow the above steps using a USB stick. Just make sure it is formatted as FAT-32 and you’ll need to plug your media into the CarPlay cable to install the update.
- Go to Settings -> System -> MCU Updates. It will ask if you'd like to install the package. Yes, please. We like packages. Go ahead and click on install.
Thats all there is to it! Your software is now updated. But before we are entirely done and dusted, there are a few minor things we'll want to restore back to the factory state.
- Properly eject your SD card from the GPS slot and remove it. Put your Insane NavEngine GPS card back in.
- To re-install Insane NavEngine, open up the file browser. Navigate to GPS->Insane NAVI->iGO then click on iGO.apk and follow the prompts.
- If you'd like your koi pond wallpaper back, open the file browser. Navigate to GPS->INSANE NAVI->Additional_APK and click on Water Garden_1.6.4.apk. Follow the prompts to install. Then you can long press on the home screen and set the live wallpaper.
- You'll need to open the bluetooth app, search for and pair to your OBDII adapter for your live engine data.
- You'll want to re-configure the Torque app as well. Go ahead and open that up. Press the settings icon on the bottom left. Select Settings -> OBD2 Adapter Settings -> Choose Bluetooth Device. There should only be one listed so go ahead and select that. Note that there are also some general settings that you may want to change like "start in dashboard mode" which will allow you to immediately jump to your gauges when you press the Torque icon. These settings are in Settings -> General Preferences
We have all kinds of software updates in the works for Insane Audio's JL3001 so stay tuned for more! All Insane Audio customers get free software updates for life and we have a bunch of fun features that we'll be adding to this platform.
As always, you can reach our support staff anytime at www.insaneaudio.com/support
InSaNe AuDio Engineering Staff