IACAM1 - Backup Camera or Front Facing Rock Camera!

Information about new products and accessories!
InsaneAudioSupport

IACAM1 - Backup Camera or Front Facing Rock Camera!

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:11 pm

Part Number: I/E IACAM1

Description

IACAM1 is a universal, ruggedized, waterproof camera that can be used as either a front facing rock cam or as a backup camera. This product works with Insane Audio’s TJ1001, Insane Audio’s JK1001 or any other head unit that accepts a universal camera. Unlike other cameras on the market, IACAM1 is fully programmable for different applications.

Features/Benefits

• High quality, ruggedized waterproof camera

• Can be used as either a front facing rock cam or as a reverse camera

• Fully programmable (can turn off or adjust guildelines, flip image, mirror image, etc)

• Works with any system that accepts RCA video inputs including all Insane Audio head units

• Comes with installation manual, power cable, video cable and everything you need to hook up your new camera

Available now at 4 Wheel Parts, 4 Wheel Drive Hardware, various catalogs, websites and through your local Jeep specialty shop!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Interior-Par ... %2fEIACAM1

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Interior-Parts- ... %2fEIACAM1

sabre

Re: IACAM1 - Backup Camera or Front Facing Rock Camera!

Post by sabre » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Where do you get the power for the IACAM1 for a back up camera? The power line are not long enough to reach the front will I need to run additional lines?

Rich Vignola

Post by Rich Vignola » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:50 pm

I spliced into the passenger side reverse light. This way the camera only comes on temporarily when needed.

ruubdood

Post by ruubdood » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Couple questions . I just got two Icams and I am going to use one as a front facing cam.
Whats the best way to wire this and how does my jk1001 show the cam. Is there an app or stock program that displays it?
Thank you in advance for any direction on how to achieve this.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:05 am

ruubdood wrote:Couple questions . I just got two Icams and I am going to use one as a front facing cam.
Whats the best way to wire this and how does my jk1001 show the cam. Is there an app or stock program that displays it?
Thank you in advance for any direction on how to achieve this.
You should have received a manual with your IACAM1 that explains where to plug in the camera for each use and how to program it.

Here is a link to an electronic copy -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/IACAM1_M ... er_res.pdf

Please let us know if you need any more info!

Cheers,

InSaNe AuDio Support Staff

Patrickoday

Post by Patrickoday » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:37 pm

The instructions do not specifically say you can use both a forwad and reverse cam. It says forward or reverse. Can you connect two camers? Sorry to be so picky about the instructions. I design logic circuits for a living. "OR" and "AND" have verry specific meaning to me at work so in normal language I sometimes am unsure what was intended.

Never mind....I found the answer!

NDLOCO

Post by NDLOCO » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:35 am

I just purchased a new JK1001 and the camera, I have a 2007 Unlimited Rubicon and was wondering what the length of the RCA extension is that comes with the camera?

The reason is that I was going to set it up as follows:
  • Get power from the switched 12v source (Lighter) on the dash
  • Split the RCA input to the backup and Aux Video inputs
This would allow me to have power at all times to the camera, display the camera when in reverse and display the camera via the Aux input in high traffic areas to be able to see what is behind me. The 37 on the back and 6 inch lift make it hard to see what is behind me in traffic. Then next summer I was planning and adding a module that they have that allow you to mount side cameras that are activated by you turn signals as the current mirrors are worthless as well.

They have RCA extensions that include the power that I can purchase to simplify the install. I just did not know the length needed to hit the radio. I would think 16 feet would be enough but that is not always the case.

Thanks,

Damien....

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:28 pm

Patrickoday wrote:The instructions do not specifically say you can use both a forwad and reverse cam. It says forward or reverse. Can you connect two camers? Sorry to be so picky about the instructions. I design logic circuits for a living. "OR" and "AND" have verry specific meaning to me at work so in normal language I sometimes am unsure what was intended.

Yes -- you most certainly can use both. :)

Casper711

Post by Casper711 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:55 pm

Patrickoday wrote:The instructions do not specifically say you can use both a forwad and reverse cam. It says forward or reverse. Can you connect two camers? Sorry to be so picky about the instructions. I design logic circuits for a living. "OR" and "AND" have verry specific meaning to me at work so in normal language I sometimes am unsure what was intended.

Would you be kind enough to share how you got this to work?

Thanks

OverTheTop

Post by OverTheTop » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:39 pm

You have two video inputs on the pigtail. One is for reverse only and one is for the avin app. Another option that I copied from someone here is to put a y splinter on both video cables and ran switched power to the camera so I can have it turn on in reverse or if I am driving I can hit avin and see behind me. Does that all make sense?