IACAM1 - Backup Camera or Front Facing Rock Camera!

Information about new products and accessories!
Casper711

Re: IACAM1 - Backup Camera or Front Facing Rock Camera!

Post by Casper711 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:34 pm

OverTheTop wrote:You have two video inputs on the pigtail. One is for reverse only and one is for the avin app. Another option that I copied from someone here is to put a y splinter on both video cables and ran switched power to the camera so I can have it turn on in reverse or if I am driving I can hit avin and see behind me. Does that all make sense?
I gotcha. Thanks

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Casper711 wrote:
OverTheTop wrote:You have two video inputs on the pigtail. One is for reverse only and one is for the avin app. Another option that I copied from someone here is to put a y splinter on both video cables and ran switched power to the camera so I can have it turn on in reverse or if I am driving I can hit avin and see behind me. Does that all make sense?
I gotcha. Thanks
With a small amount of work, this can be automatic. Use a small 12v DC SPDT relay. Wire the relay power to the backup line, wire 12v to the contact input, wire the normally closed contact to the forward looking camera.

When you shift to reverse, the reverse power will activate the relay and cut power to the front camera. When you shift out of traverse, the reverse 12v drops, the relay drops, and the forward camera is again active.

Mike -- El Paso.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.

InsaneAudioSupport3

Post by InsaneAudioSupport3 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:52 pm

Thanks for that Mike!

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:20 am

InsaneAudioSupport3 wrote:Thanks for that Mike!
Hey - a simple fix. You guys are welcome. Remember, I said long ago that I do electronics. For my own jeep, I would do it with steering diodes and switching transistors to keep it solid state. But that would get complicated for the average guy. The relay is simple - and cheap too.

Mike -- El Paso.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.

Danco3636

Post by Danco3636 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:00 am

I have front rock camera, can I adjust the view (down or up) from the screen or does the camera have to be adjusted manually with the camera?

InsaneAudioSupport2

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:45 am

Danco3636 wrote:I have front rock camera, can I adjust the view (down or up) from the screen or does the camera have to be adjusted manually with the camera?
Hey Danco3636,
The way to adjust the view of the camera is by manually moving and mounting it higher or lower on your vehicle.

If you have anymore questions or need anymore help with this, hit up our support guys at support@insanejeepaudio.com and they will be happy to help.