InsaneTV!

Information about new products and accessories!
InsaneAudioSupport

InsaneTV!

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:44 am

InsaneTV is here!!

Hi, all. We wanted to share some info on a cool new accessory that is going to be released today. InsaneTV is a digital television module that plugs into the back of your JK1001 and includes a digital television antenna specifically designed to fit in your roll bar padding. InsaneTV will provide free high definition digital television and will work in the US and Canada.

What it is
InsaneTV uses ATSC which is the same as what you would use on a set top box at home. This means that you’ll get a full range of channels and will be able to receive normal and high definition programming.

What it’s not
InsaneTV will NOT work when the vehicle is in motion. This is because ATSC is not designed for mobile applications and needs the antenna to be in a fixed location.

Some users will note that this is different technology then what we provide with Insane Audio’s TJ1001. The TJ1001 uses ATSC-M which is a mobile specific protocol. While ATSC-M will work when the vehicle is in motion, the number of channels that broadcast with this standard is severely limited. In addition, ATSC-M is not high definition. While ATSC-M works great on the smaller TJ1001 screen when you are within range, we felt that a pure ATSC receiver would be preferable for the JK1001’s nice big screen as customers will appreciate a full range of stations in crystal clear high definition. So, we basically opted to provide more channels with better picture quality over the ability to watch TV while in motion. It’s pretty darn cool if we do say so ourselves. ;)

What you get

The module itself fits in your dash. There is plenty of room below the JK1001 in your dash cavity. You'll note that there is a special wiring harness that runs from the module to the back of your JK1001.

The antenna will fit in your dash, but it's designed to fit perfectly in your roll bar padding. As expected, we use gold plated connectors and quality components.

Fire up your JK1001, run the DigitalTV application and you're good to go!

InsaneTV will be available online, in catalogs, in 4 Wheel Parts stores and through your local Jeep specialty shop. We’re officially releasing the product today so it will start showing up as soon as our retail partners update their product catalogs. Final pricing will be set by our retail partners so stay tuned for that. (no pun intended)

This is the first of many accessories that will work with your JK1001, so be on the lookout for more cool stuff!

GordonSmith

Re: InsaneTV!

Post by GordonSmith » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Nice!!!

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:32 pm

newman17

Post by newman17 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:03 pm

I ordered one on April 21 and my chosen supplier placed his order for it on April 22, and on April 30 he said his rep told him they were still waiting on these to arrive. Any update on actual availability to the distributors? I've been holding on installing my complete audio system until i get this (I have every other part), but i'm getting tired of waiting. I just didn't want to have to take the dash apart twice, mess w/ wire routing again, etc. I'd prefer to do it all at once, so any information or actual availability would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

InsaneAudioSupport2

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:54 pm

newman17 wrote:I ordered one on April 21 and my chosen supplier placed his order for it on April 22, and on April 30 he said his rep told him they were still waiting on these to arrive. Any update on actual availability to the distributors? I've been holding on installing my complete audio system until i get this (I have every other part), but i'm getting tired of waiting. I just didn't want to have to take the dash apart twice, mess w/ wire routing again, etc. I'd prefer to do it all at once, so any information or actual availability would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Just a reminder we are only the manufacturer, so we do not control the stock at our retail partners. We suspect that if they are out of this product that its because they just need to catch up on inventory. Rest assured, however, we have plenty of stock in our warehouse and are shipping units out every day.

newman17

Post by newman17 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:30 am

Yeah I just wanted to check if they'd actually shipped out from you guys. But obviously they've been shipping because it arrived yesterday! I'll post back once I get it all installed next week.

A few installation questions/clarifications though...
1) Any suggestions on where to place the TV box?
2) Would it be ok to zip-tie it (or other non-metallic attachment method) to the bottom of the JK1001 since the room seems to be there?
3) Would there be an problem with:
(a) heat dissipation from either unit if using method in #2 above?
(b) any electrical issue (interference of any kind or grounding problem from the bodies of the units touching) if using method in #2 above?

Thanks for your help!

InsaneAudioSupport2

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:28 pm

newman17 wrote:Yeah I just wanted to check if they'd actually shipped out from you guys. But obviously they've been shipping because it arrived yesterday! I'll post back once I get it all installed next week.

A few installation questions/clarifications though...
1) Any suggestions on where to place the TV box?
Anywhere is fine really. In our install vehicles, we just wedge it back behind the unit by all the cables.
newman17 wrote: 2) Would it be ok to zip-tie it (or other non-metallic attachment method) to the bottom of the JK1001 since the room seems to be there?
You might have problems getting your JK1001 to fit in the dash cavity properly if you have zip ties on it... but you can certainly put the TV box below it.
newman17 wrote: 3) Would there be an problem with:
(a) heat dissipation from either unit if using method in #2 above?
(b) any electrical issue (interference of any kind or grounding problem from the bodies of the units touching) if using method in #2 above?

Thanks for your help!
a. i wouldn't block all the vents on the top of the unit, but you should be fine.

b. No problems here.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri May 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Just a friendly reminder to folks out there who have purchased InsaneTV but may have an older JK1001... you'll want to update your software to our latest & greatest! See here for more details -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/forum/vi ... f=13&t=452

Addicted2it

Post by Addicted2it » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:02 pm

"..and includes a digital television antenna specifically designed to fit in your roll bar padding."

Wouldn't the antenna provide better reception if installed outside of the vehicle? I never remove my hard top, so I am thinking of installing the antenna on my hard top just above the rear window. If I decide to do this, will I have enough coax cable to accomplish this? How long is the supplied cable?

Thank you.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Addicted2it wrote:"..and includes a digital television antenna specifically designed to fit in your roll bar padding."

Wouldn't the antenna provide better reception if installed outside of the vehicle? I never remove my hard top, so I am thinking of installing the antenna on my hard top just above the rear window. If I decide to do this, will I have enough coax cable to accomplish this? How long is the supplied cable?

Thank you.
It shouldn't really matter... we have it installed in a test vehicle (2015 JK with hard top) and it works fine inside the roll bar padding. You can certainly try, though.