Got a new JK2001? Don't forget......

Information about new products and accessories!
Mike

Got a new JK2001? Don't forget......

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Howdy all.

If like me you have a new JK2001, before you install it -CAREFULLY- remove the GPS chip, and run it through Navi-Extras. Overall it is pretty painless to do. I was reluctant to do it, but I really should not have worried. Although I had several back-up files from my old JK1001, when I plugged in the JK2001 chip Navi-Extras completely ignored the old data and started out fresh. Just as a refresher, here is what you need to so.

#1. Start Navi-Extras program. #2 - when prompted, insert your chip into the reader slot. #3 - immediately do a complete chip back-up. This is so in the odd event that something goes wrong with the update, you can recover back to the initial state. #4 - When the backup is finished, update the chip. #5 - when the update is finished, backup the chip again.

#6 - be sure to properly EJECT the chip, don't just rip it out of the computer. If you don't know how to EJECT a chip or USB device, telling the computer to shut down before removing the chip should close the files properly. #7 - put the chip back inside the JK2001.

Of course you can do this any time just by taking the chip out and taking it in to the house where your computer is. I just found it easier to do the initial phase while I had it all inside the house. Hope this little reminder is helpful to you.

Mike -- El Paso, Texas.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.

GordonSmith

Re: Got a new JK2001? Don't forget......

Post by GordonSmith » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Good reminder - I haven't done that yet. Thanks!