JK2001 256GB Micro-SD card - buyer beware.

Information about new products and accessories!
Mike

JK2001 256GB Micro-SD card - buyer beware.

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:35 pm

I am putting this out here as a warning - you-all need to check it out and decide for yourselves. As in everything, there is no free lunch and you get what you pay for.

My JK2001 arrived last Friday. Having just returned from Europe only hours before it was delivered, I have not had time to install it yet. Couple that with a death at work and the boss needing me to return to work 4 days early, and it isn't going to happen this week.

BUT - I have been researching Micro-SD cards. The JK2001 will support a micro-SD card of UP TO 256 GB rated Class-10. And we all want the biggest and best, right? Like I said, there is no free lunch and you get what you pay for. The cheapest prices are like $40. It seemed too good to be true, so I did some research. And yes, it was too good to be true. The cheapest no-name brand that seems OK is about $150. Name brand chips are over $200. Did I really NEED 256 GB?

I presently have a 64GB chip from the JK1001. It wasn't even half full. I could just plug it in and make it work. But while researching the 256GB cards, I stumbled on some 128GB cards as well. More research discovered that the Samsung chip was well rated, and could be had for like $50. I think it will do.

https://smile.amazon.com/Samsung-128GB- ... B00WR0HIR4

So - bottom line is to do your research if you need a new chip. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Reports are saying the cheaper ones do work. For a while. Then they quit, usually about 3 days after the return policy expired. Buyer beware.

Mike -- El Paso, TX.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.