Upgrade your JK1001 to Insane Audio's new JK2001!

Information about new products and accessories!
InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Upgrade your JK1001 to Insane Audio's new JK2001!

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:43 pm

timmy wrote:Did you guys happen to make the screen any brighter? The JK1001 screen is not bright enough when you have the top and doors off on a sunny day. In the pics on the flier, it looks like you chose not to in-set the LCD display like it was before. Without it being deeply in-set, it's absolutely going to need to be a brighter screen to see it when the sun is pounding down on you.
Yes -- the screen is actually brighter on the JK2001!
timmy wrote: Is this using the RK3188 chipset?
Nope. We're using an octa-core (8 core) CPU from Rockchip. RK3368
timmy wrote: I see you finally removed the stupid DVD player/slot (or maybe you hid it behind a fold-down face?)
Yes, we removed the DVD player although we didn't necessarily think of it of having less intelligence then any other DVD player.

By removing it, we were able to add a bigger touch screen display as well as make the entire face of the unit IP66 waterproof. In addition, Insane Audio's new JK2001 now has no moving parts and is entirely solid state. Resolution is 800 x 480.

timmy wrote: You SERIOUSLY did not keep the retarded AMS hard button! Oh my word, most useless button ever.
We definitely disagree with you on this one, Timmy! The AMS button has a very real purpose and lots of customers love it. When driving out of town, instead of fiddling with the touch screen you can press AMS and it will automatically set your presets for you. Then you can toggle through them while using the steering wheel controls. It's a great way to keep your eyes on the road and focus but still be able to tune into local radio while on a road trip. That's the intent of that button/feature.
timmy wrote: Is there any chance you guys pre-root'd the Android OS so we don't have to?
If you come to our shop in June Lake, CA and offer to buy the guys a round of beers.. they might just do it for you. :) In general, however, we don't root devices for customers because of the things one can inadvertently do (i.e. try to install a ROM that is designed for a phone and you'll brick the device). There is no bloatware on our device and it's a fully open android version so you can download any apps you want. Are you rooting just for the sake of doing so or is there a specific thing you are trying to do that requires root access? Again -- there are no restrictions with our product so you really shouldn't need root. There is no custom rom that would work because our product has all kinds of custom hardware that is tightly integrated with the OS version we supply.

MrBill

Post by MrBill » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:16 am

Just saw the option to upgrade ends on June 30, is that in your hands by June 30 or "post marked" by June 30. Don't want to pull it out of the dash and drive around for a couple weeks assuming I'm going to get the JK2001 at the promo price just to find out it got there late and the promo is expired. Love the JK1001 however the built in WIFI on the JK2001 is an absolute upgrade reason, nothing worse than having to turn on the WIFI on my phone or carry a tablet around with me. I read that on the flyer, is it really true?

Well, actually more than any other reason is it's water resistant now, as y'all may remember I've had water issues with my JK1001. Seeing as the top is off my JK 360 days out of the year having it stand up to rain, snow and heat is of major importance to me.

Thanx Bill

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:24 am

MrBill wrote:Just saw the option to upgrade ends on June 30, is that in your hands by June 30 or "post marked" by June 30. Don't want to pull it out of the dash and drive around for a couple weeks assuming I'm going to get the JK2001 at the promo price just to find out it got there late and the promo is expired.
Don't worry -- we won't leave 'ya hanging. Postmarked by the 30th is fine!

MrBill wrote: Love the JK1001 however the built in WIFI on the JK2001 is an absolute upgrade reason, nothing worse than having to turn on the WIFI on my phone or carry a tablet around with me. I read that on the flyer, is it really true?
We think you may misunderstand this. The JK2001's WiFi works exactly the same as the JK1001. Built-in WiFi means it has a WiFi chip, a ruggedized gold plated WiFi antenna and is fully integrated into the system. If you want to connect to the internet, you still need a source. If you don't want to carry around your phone, you can always get a personal hotspot and just leave that in your glovebox -- many customers already do this!
MrBill wrote: Well, actually more than any other reason is it's water resistant now, as y'all may remember I've had water issues with my JK1001. Seeing as the top is off my JK 360 days out of the year having it stand up to rain, snow and heat is of major importance to me.
In this case, Insane Audio's new JK2001 is definitely for you! Fully waterproof!!

SomeWhatLost

Post by SomeWhatLost » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:23 am

damn, I just found out about this...
any chance you have extended the deadline to like the end of July or something like that?
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:28 pm

SomeWhatLost wrote:damn, I just found out about this...
any chance you have extended the deadline to like the end of July or something like that?
Damn dude....... I understand where you are coming from. I had to scramble to get my upgrade. I had just minutes to pull the JK1001 and box it, had my wife mail it, then we flew to Germany. I had to call them with my credit card # to pay for the upgrade. They held up shipping it to me until I was headed back. It was perfect, it arrived about 12 hours after I got home. But there it sits in the box, and my jeep is in the garage with the dash apart. I got off the plane, turned on my phone, and the boss left a message to call him. We had a death and an emergency surgery at work, and he was desperate. SO... it has been 12-hour nights since. Running the power grid is 24/7.... but I am due to get a few days starting Tuesday morning. We'll get it installed then.

When I asked about an extension on the upgrade until I returned from Germany, the man said that they had to draw the line somewhere...... not sure they can help you. But it didn't hurt to ask. Wishing you good luck.

Mike -- El Paso, TX.
Mike -- El Paso, Texas.

2015 JKU-R Hard Rock -- The Copperhead.

Zerethusta

Post by Zerethusta » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Bah, just came on to see if there have been any software updates, only to see that not 9nly is there a new system out but I missed the cutoff... Did you guys send out an email that I missed or did I just need to be more active?

Is there any chance of a second window? I've had some issues with the 1001 that seem like they've been smoothed out with the new model and this would be a major boon.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:53 pm

Zerethusta wrote:Bah, just came on to see if there have been any software updates, only to see that not 9nly is there a new system out but I missed the cutoff... Did you guys send out an email that I missed or did I just need to be more active?

Is there any chance of a second window? I've had some issues with the 1001 that seem like they've been smoothed out with the new model and this would be a major boon.
Hit up john@insanejeepaudio.com. Technically the upgrade period has expired, but we've got nothing but love for those out there rocking our first generation product! He'll most likely still put you through the program. :)

Casper711

Post by Casper711 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:49 pm

]

Yes, we removed the DVD player although we didn't necessarily think of it of having less intelligence then any other DVD player.

By removing it, we were able to add a bigger touch screen display as well as make the entire face of the unit IP66 waterproof. In addition, Insane Audio's new JK2001 now has no moving parts and is entirely solid state. Resolution is 800 x 480.

So there's no way to play DVD's now?? My daughter will be pissed as she like to have her movies on road trips

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:03 am

Casper711 wrote:]

So there's no way to play DVD's now?? My daughter will be pissed as she like to have her movies on road trips
You can store an entire movie collection onboard! Just copy movies over to a microSD card or USB Thumb drive. :)