Upgrade your JK1001 to Insane Audio's new JK2001!

Information about new products and accessories!
InsaneAudioSupport

Upgrade your JK1001 to Insane Audio's new JK2001!

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon May 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Insane Audio's new JK2001 is here and is an entirely new level of awesome for your 2007 to 2017 Jeep Wrangler or Wrangler Unlimited. Haven't seen it yet? Check this out -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/JK2001_e ... _flyer.pdf

While Insane Audio’s JK1001 is still a great product and we will still continue to support it, we understand that some customers may want to get their hands on our latest and greatest hardware. To that effect, we are introducing a JK1001 upgrade program for a limited time. Through this program, you will be able to mail in your JK1001 and receive a new JK2001 at a heavily discounted price. We are offering this simply to say thank you to those loyal customers who have been with us since the beginning. We appreciate your support and welcome you to the next generation of Insane Audio products!

Please note that this program will expire on June 30, 2017. Limit one JK2001 per JK1001 returned.

Here are all the details -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/JK1001/J ... rogram.pdf

Thanks for rocking your rig with Insane Audio and we'll see 'ya on the trail!!

dwasill

Re: Upgrade your JK1001 to Insane Audio's new JK2001!

Post by dwasill » Mon May 01, 2017 7:40 pm

Any chance you'd do an advanced purchase/return credit (subject to acceptable return) for those of us that don't want to drive around with a hole in our dash while awaiting the exchange?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Tue May 02, 2017 8:16 pm

dwasill wrote:Any chance you'd do an advanced purchase/return credit (subject to acceptable return) for those of us that don't want to drive around with a hole in our dash while awaiting the exchange?
Sorry, Dwasill. Not something we can currently offer. We're not sure where you are located, but if you want to take a road trip you are welcome to stop by our new shop in June Lake, CA and we'll swap out your unit for you on the spot!

dwasill

Post by dwasill » Tue May 02, 2017 9:53 pm

I'm outside of Seattle and was previously able to drive downtown to work with you guys on a few initial issues with 1001, I take it you guys skipped town for better weather?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Wed May 03, 2017 7:35 am

dwasill wrote:I'm outside of Seattle and was previously able to drive downtown to work with you guys on a few initial issues with 1001, I take it you guys skipped town for better weather?
Ha! You bet we did! We shut down our Seattle warehouse as well as our Los Angeles facility and have consolidated operations in June Lake, CA. It's beautiful here and the skiing is great. The entire shop is closed on powder days. :)

We'll actually be opening up a showroom here soon as well and our fridge will always be stocked with beer so customers are always welcome to stop by and have a cold one with the guys.

GordonSmith

Post by GordonSmith » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:43 am

I *just* found out about the JK2001 today and now have 2 weeks to decide whether or not to take advantage of the upgrade offer. Given how new the JK2001 is, I can't find any reviews. Does anyone (including InsaneAudio themselves) have some feedback about the unit?

I do like the idea of a newer version of the OS. I do like the better BLE integration (I have a Switch Pros SP8100). I do like the idea of a rock cam upgrade, more app storage, faster CPU, etc.. I'm potentially nervous about this being a moderately untested device in the field so far. Should I be confident w/ the upgrade? Is it worth $599 in *your* opinion to upgrade from one to the next? etc.

Thanks...

senor_monty

Post by senor_monty » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:31 am

So I already purched the 2001 last week to replace my 1001 and just noticed this discount program. I have the unit and all of it's parts for the 1001 still here. Can I still turn it in to you guys for a discount?

timmy

Post by timmy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Did you guys happen to make the screen any brighter? The JK1001 screen is not bright enough when you have the top and doors off on a sunny day. In the pics on the flier, it looks like you chose not to in-set the LCD display like it was before. Without it being deeply in-set, it's absolutely going to need to be a brighter screen to see it when the sun is pounding down on you.

Is this using the RK3188 chipset?

I see you finally removed the stupid DVD player/slot (or maybe you hid it behind a fold-down face?) Does this mean you were able to make the LCD screen any larger? From the looks of it, the "glass" looks bigger, but there appears to be a large black border around the LCD screen. Is it still just a 6.5" LCD screen? What's the resolution?

You SERIOUSLY did not keep the retarded AMS hard button! Oh my word, most useless button ever. I am glad to see you finally put the Mute button on the Volume control button where it belongs. Kudos to you for recognizing how retarded that move was on your previous model.

Is there any chance you guys pre-root'd the Android OS so we don't have to?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:22 pm

GordonSmith wrote:I *just* found out about the JK2001 today and now have 2 weeks to decide whether or not to take advantage of the upgrade offer. Given how new the JK2001 is, I can't find any reviews. Does anyone (including InsaneAudio themselves) have some feedback about the unit?

I do like the idea of a newer version of the OS. I do like the better BLE integration (I have a Switch Pros SP8100). I do like the idea of a rock cam upgrade, more app storage, faster CPU, etc.. I'm potentially nervous about this being a moderately untested device in the field so far. Should I be confident w/ the upgrade? Is it worth $599 in *your* opinion to upgrade from one to the next? etc.

Thanks...
Hey Gordon! Put simply -- Insane Audio's JK2001 is absolutely awesome. We test extensively before releasing a product and this is by far our best work yet. :) We're pretty proud of this one and it's worth every penny (even at full retail)

Here is a quick promo video -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m_Wn7T_1tk

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:24 pm

senor_monty wrote:So I already purched the 2001 last week to replace my 1001 and just noticed this discount program. I have the unit and all of it's parts for the 1001 still here. Can I still turn it in to you guys for a discount?
Hey, there. Yes -- you are still eligible for the upgrade program if you want to send your old JK1001 in, however, we can't refund part of your 2001 purchase or anything like that since you wouldn't have purchased from us (we know that because we don't currently sell directly to consumers). Worst case scenario we would imagine that you would be able to upgrade and then sell that JK2001 for more then the upgrade price for sure since this promo is well below wholesale pricing. We hope that helps!

How do you like your new JK2001?