New features include:
- • Better iPod integration
• Ability to swap bass and treble controls for certain factory sound system configurations
• New interface under settings->extra settings that allows users to configure a custom sleep time
• Some minor bug fixes
V2.1 of our software is available now! Here is what you need to do to get everything installed –
- • Go here -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/JK1001_UPDATES/
• Save a copy of JK1001_Update_2.1.1.zip locally on your computer
• Decompress the .zip file and store the two files on a blank microSD card (mcu.img and update.img) Note that your microSD card will need to be formatted in FAT32 for this update to work!
• On your JK1001, first shut down Insane NavEngine gracefully (i.e. exit the app) then power off your vehicle. Wait 5 min or so (for your JK1001 to fully power down).
• Remove your Insane NavEngine GPS card and replace it with your upgrade card
• Turn on your unit but hold down the power button. Keep holding the power button until the system flashes an indicator. Then you can release the power button and you’ll come up to a special menu.
• Use the seek knob to select “Update system/MCU image from SDCARD and Clear All”. Hold the power button to select and this will apply the update.
• When the system is all done with the update, remove your update microSD card and re-insert your GPS card.
- • When your JK1001 is fully booted up, click on the “six pack”, swipe to the right, then click on the settings icon. Scroll down and select “Security”. Check the box next to Unknown Sources to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Click OK on the pop-up window.
• Re-insert your GPS card if you haven’t already. From the home menu, click on the file manager, select the GPS card (on the left), then go into the Insane_NavEngine folder. In here, click on the iGO.apk. Scroll to the bottom and click on install.
• From the home menu, click on the “six pack”, find the OEM icon, go to the apk folder and click on torque.apk to re-install the Torque application. You’ll then need to setup torque again (refer to the JK1001’s Quick Start Guide if you don’t remember how to do this)
That’s all there is to it!
Thanks for being our customers and keep on rocking your rig with Insane Audio!
InSaNe AuDio Support Staff