Maps & 3d city scape update

General technical discussion topics for Insane Audio's TJ1001 or TJ1002
flippy

Maps & 3d city scape update

Post by flippy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:25 am

Hello,
I just purchased this unit for my 2005 TJ, and was wondering how one would go about updating the maps & city scape? Is the update feature found within the "Nav" mode?
Also, Im wondering if the antenna adapter problem that others were having has been resolved. Since I just purchased my unit, will it come with the new adapter?

InsaneAudioSupport2

Re: Maps & 3d city scape update

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:33 pm

To update your maps, go ahead and download the NaviExtras Toolbox -- https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads -- Once registering your product, you should be able to update your maps content.

Also, your TJ1001 should have perfect radio reception with your new unit. Now worries ;)

flippy

Post by flippy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:42 am

Thanks for the reply. I expect to receive the radio either friday or saturday, and wont have time to install it for a couple of weeks. One last question; In order to follow that link you provided, do I visit this forum using the radio? Does it come with a browser?

flippy

Post by flippy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:04 am

To clarify, does it make a difference if I use my computer (right now) to register, or do I have to do it via the radio unit somehow?

InsaneAudioSupport2

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:06 pm

You will want to download the NaviExtras Toolbox onto your PC. From here you will take your GPS card (that comes with your JK1001) and insert it into your PC to register your product. You can then backup your GPS content, update and purchase additional content from this Toolbox.

flippy

Post by flippy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:05 am

Its a TJ. Same process? I dont recall seeing a "GPS card" in the box with the radio, but I could check again.

flippy

Post by flippy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:04 am

Where is the GPS card? Does the TJ1001 have one?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:45 am

Hi, Flippy. In the TJ1001, there is a little dust cover on the face of the unit on the right hand side that is labeled SD. Behind that cover, there are two microSD card slots. On the top is your SD card slot for storing music or movies with no moving parts and no skipping when you're bouncing down the trail. Below that is the GPS card slot.

If you press the NAVI button on your unit, it will load up Insane NavEngine which is stored on your GPS.

We encourage you to check out Insane NavEngine first as it already comes loaded with all kinds of cool stuff (such as full 3D topography). After you do that, you can take out the GPS card, put it in your PC then see what other cool stuff is available on NaviExtras. Admittedly, there is a lot of cool stuff (like 3D cityscapes) but that's all "nice to have". You may discover that you've already got everything you need that came with your TJ1001!

See 'ya on the trail!

InSaNe AuDio Support Staff

flippy

Post by flippy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:25 am

Ok, thanks.
One last question; Since I dont have an SD card slot on my computer, couldn't I avoid all that and just download a browser onto the radio, and then follow the link you gave me to update the GPS directly? Is the NaviExtras Toolbox too large a file to download onto the radio?
If that wont work, how about using a USB Flash (which I was planning on purchasing for music downloads anyway) and use that to download from my computer, and then onto the radios GPS card?

flippy

Post by flippy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:15 am

I just discovered that I could download the NaviExtras Toolbox to a USB Flash, and even operate the program from the Flash without ever having to move it to the radio. So this brings an obvious question; will the NaviExtras Toolbox program identify the GPS card on the radio?